Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oppose...click and explore!



A couple of days ago, I had my presentation in one conference in the UK, at the University of Salford; I am tempted really to tell you what my presentation was about and how the excellent audience reacted to it. But I  feel I don't want to. I would like to write about the conference itself.

The conference lasted for two days and in those two days, I got an idea of what opposition means; it is not only in politics but also in music and literature. The conference was truly combining many areas, and at one point, particularly in those presentations in which music played, I felt that the conference was celebrating opposition.

So.. you wanna know about punk music and how it can act like demonstrations? Or perhaps you are interested in knowing more about the struggle of workers in Egypt (with a rising intonation..my country after all :-)? Or may be it will be bizarre to see Tahrir Square in Russia? No actually, I mean the Russian band, Pussy Riot?
 
It is all in your hands. The link below has the abstracts of the conference. Click, read and enjoy.

And oppose (oPpOse) when you feel you have to...   

Abstracts LInK: http://oppositionsconference.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/programme-with-abstracts.pdf

cONfeRence LiNk
http://oppositionsconference.wordpress.com/

P.S. My posts about Portugal are still ongoing!!... please stay in tune...